The New Blood List: Things I’ve always meant to read but have not yet, many of them involving things people have promised me I would like but my distraction by internet kept me from getting to.
- Captain Britain Omnibus
- At least one volume of the Shazam archives
- At least one volume of Wolfman/Pérez’s New Teen Titans
- Secret Identity
The Old Standbys: Books I’ve loved and that made me excited about the things you could do inside the superhero genre, even if some (like Pluto) are only sorta inside the genre.
- Jack Kirby’s Fourth World
- X-Men vs. the Fantastic Four
- Jack Staff
- Fletcher Hanks’ I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets!/You Shall Die By Your Own Evil Creation!
- Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade
- Marshal Law
The Morrison Papers: I can’t talk about my love of superheroes without going back through the work of Grant Morrison. I spent a lot of time in love with his cult of personality and his best habits have, for better or worse, shaped a lot of the way I come at the superhero genre. A retrospective on my feelings about his back catalog may be forthcoming as well.